Friday, March 12, 2010

Cardinals QB Leinart does not worry about his starting job

With the retirement of quarterback Kurt Warner, the Arizona Cardinals’ next choice of starting quarterback could only be Matt Leinart unless they sign a veteran like Jake Delhomme or Derek Anderson to compete with Leinart for the starting job. That means there is still possibility for Leinart to lose his starting job; however, he seems not to worry about that much.

Get Chitika | Premium


"It’s my time and I know that," Leinart told KTAR-AM. "I’m working my butt off to get ready. … Competition makes you better, I’m aware of that. To be honest with you, I’m not really worried about anything. I don’t know if that’s cockiness or not. I’m confident that I can do it. I’ve been in the system for three years. To me it doesn’t really matter because I’m focused on my job.”

Leinart also said that he would take the doubts from doubters as his motivation to do a better job at his position. With such confidence, Leinart is taking his time to prove his ability to be a starter in the fifth year of wearing Cardinals jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, welcome to leave your comments.

It is fine to embed keywords and links either in your name or your comments or both,

but please be serious with your comments and do not spam with two or more links in one comment.

System will automatically block spam comments.

Enjoy reading and discussing!